Combined Consultation & Services Summary
- Consulting and guidance for international data standards ISO 55001 for a standardised system for asset management
- IEC 61400 2019 , ISO 14224 & ISO/IEC 81346
- Coding of the Renewable asset structures in accordance with the VGB-Standard RDS-PP® Application Guideline Part 32: Wind and KKS for Power Plants
- Integrated Life Cycle & Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis
- EAM/CMMS audits
- Compliance Verification
- Asset register build, master equipment list preparation
- Asset Coding and systemisation (P&ID Drawings)
- Safety Critical Equipment (SCE) maintenance audits
- Critical equipment identification
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Optimization of maintenance strategies (RBI, RBM, PM & CBM)
- Critical Spares optimization
- Project Management throughout
- Creation of Asset Management Solutions
- Creation of LEAN processes to overcome waste
- Improvement Champions for Asset Integrity
- Understanding and Using Data to Provide Solutions
Asset management Methodology
Aligning and understanding the clients issues to provide the best solutions.
Effective management of all Assets is a fundamental part of the business and a key area for continuous Improvement, This enables you to move away from a reactive to a more proactive and productive maintenance, with cost saving benefits less visits reducing risk to personnel and improved uptime during the life of the Asset and Equipment.
Moving from reactive maintenance to best practices it takes time, a complete cultural shift and talented team is the key to success. The identified processes below would enable O&M to gain overall control of asset maintenance and data governance, using structured failure reporting with historical data it allows accurate trending for maintenance improvements resulting in less equipment downtime.
- Define asset structure and level of granularity.
- Define Maintainable equipment and Maintenance Boundaries. PMs, Inspections, statutory, warranties etc.
- Define and select Critical equipment (RCM/FMECA )
- Define maintenance and spares (BOMs) strategies including stores and preservation maintenance.
- Develop and implement in house maintenance plans, tasks and strategies for scheduling.
- Develop repair and replace strategies for breakdown / correctives
- Develop a standard wind turbine template including the balance of plant
- Develop clearer boundaries for competency levels and safe systems of work
A Hierarchical asset template would speed up the population of data once gathered from existing and as build drawings or site data gathering requires a team effort, and could be used on future projects.
Once a maintenance system is well established the results from historical records would be used for trending enabling decisions on continual improvement plans / modifications / retrofits / Risk based inspections.
Equipment classification methodology by which each equipment item is accessed to determine its’ operating criticality and are defined below: -
- = Safeguarding of Plant Technical Integrity;
- = Cash Flow Critical (Immediate);
- = Cash Flow Critical (Long Term);
Drawing Asset Coding
Transpose asset coding to current drawings and identify/mark-up system boundaries and critical equipment.
Maintenance Analysis and Strategy Formulation
Derivation of preventive maintenance routines to provide cost effective targeted maintenance by using the most appropriate methodology.
Existing Maintenance Optimization
Analyse the client’s existing maintenance/management strategy in order to identify cost effective improvements. Some of the various techniques used include RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and REM (Review of Existing Maintenance)
Continuous improvements are required throughout the lifecycle of an asset to optimize the safety, reliability, performance and maintainability. Understanding and predicting issues prior to failures occurring
LEAN Process Management
Correct Asset Management will naturally provide a LEAN process. Being LEAN will reduce workplace accidents, wasted time on maintaining or troubleshooting, wasted materials and expenditure.